1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Accessing Partially-Encrypted Drive

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Jwharmsby, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jwharmsby

Jwharmsby Thread Starter

So, this is my second attempt at help with this particular issue.
    For those who didnt see before, basically I had partially (around 3.5%) encrypted my USB HDD with BitLocker to Go, when formatting my computer I backed up my Recovery key to the USB drive like an idiot.
    So, when I format my PC it no longer automatically unlocks, instead asks for the Recovery Key which is now locked away in this inaccessible drive.

I am asking today for any recommendations of maybe accessing this disk, which while the vast majority of files are still in their plain form, are rendered useless because Windows will not access the drive.

I have already used Recover My Files and one other recovery software to scour thee 500GB drive for my BitLocker Reovery Key .txt file but to little avail - is there any method to bypass BitLocker access restrictions and see those files which have not been touched by the encryption?

Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/851761