1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Accessing Start Menu: missing on screen?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Jutty1224, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jutty1224

Jutty1224 Thread Starter

Ok, i just took out my old laptop which I had used until February 2002 when i bought this computer. the screen is all messed up. and the start menu can't be seen. the desktop only fills the left 2/3rds of the screen and then is partially duplicated to the right. how can i shut it off when i can see the start menu to put up shut down. I'm wanting to initially retreive any data i can off of it, mostly emails, my favorites folder in IE and any other files that i made, documents mostly, not program files.

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Maybe ctrl+alt+esc will bring back the start .

3. Jutty1224

Jutty1224 Thread Starter

i decided to try cntrl+alt+delete and selected shut down. then i brought it to a computer repair person that i've done business with before and when they turned it on, the screen showed up normally.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice