Accessing UEFI in Windows 10 Pro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BojoAsh

I am trying to change the system date on my computer but I am running a Legacy Bios instead of UEFI. Is there a way to access those setting just to change the system date? I am needing it to show newer than it is for a computer test so I am able to work at home.

BojoAsh

What is the make and model number of the computer?
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
System Name DESKTOP-MVH04U6
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model OptiPlex 760
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, 2992 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A05, 8/17/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/...desktop/optiplex-760_service manual_en-us.pdf
Entering System Setup
1. Turn on (or restart) your computer.
2. When the DELL™ logo is displayed, you must watch for the F12 prompt to appear.
3. Once the F12 prompt appears, press <F12> immediately. The Boot Menu appears.
4. Use the up and down arrow keys to select System Setup and then press <Enter>.
5. If you wait too long and the operating system logo appears, continue to wait until you see the Microsoft® Windows® desktop. Then, shut down your
computer and try again.

BojoAsh

SpywareDr thank you for your reply. The date I am wanting to try and change though is this: BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A05, 8/17/2009. I was told if I could access the UEFI system settings and change it but I do not have the option to access this.

The BIOS version is hard coded into the BIOS firmware. If* there is a BIOS update available for it, you could apply that and then check and see what date it shows now.

The * means I rather doubt there will be a current update available for that old a BIOS. :(

crjdriver

You can change the current date/time however if you are trying to change the date of the bios itself, you are not going to do that task.
Technically it is possible to do what I think you are asking however it requires a very high level of skill to edit a bios file, flash the bios to the new edited file. This is one of those things that IF you have to ask how to do it, you do not have the necessary skill set.

BojoAsh

The BIOS version is hard coded into the BIOS firmware. If* there is a BIOS update available for it, you could apply that and then check and see what date it shows now.

The * means I rather doubt there will be a current update available for that old a BIOS. :(
Thank you for your reply.

BojoAsh

You can change the current date/time however if you are trying to change the date of the bios itself, you are not going to do that task.
Technically it is possible to do what I think you are asking however it requires a very high level of skill to edit a bios file, flash the bios to the new edited file. This is one of those things that IF you have to ask how to do it, you do not have the necessary skill set.

Thank you for your reply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online