1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Accessing UEFI in Windows 10 Pro

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by BojoAsh, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BojoAsh

BojoAsh Thread Starter

I am trying to change the system date on my computer but I am running a Legacy Bios instead of UEFI. Is there a way to access those setting just to change the system date? I am needing it to show newer than it is for a computer test so I am able to work at home.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

What is the make and model number of the computer?

3. BojoAsh

BojoAsh Thread Starter

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    System Name DESKTOP-MVH04U6
    System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    System Model OptiPlex 760
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, 2992 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A05, 8/17/2009
    SMBIOS Version 2.5
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode Legacy
    BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/...desktop/optiplex-760_service manual_en-us.pdf

5. BojoAsh

BojoAsh Thread Starter

SpywareDr thank you for your reply. The date I am wanting to try and change though is this: BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A05, 8/17/2009. I was told if I could access the UEFI system settings and change it but I do not have the option to access this.

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

The BIOS version is hard coded into the BIOS firmware. If* there is a BIOS update available for it, you could apply that and then check and see what date it shows now.

The * means I rather doubt there will be a current update available for that old a BIOS. :(

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You can change the current date/time however if you are trying to change the date of the bios itself, you are not going to do that task.
    Technically it is possible to do what I think you are asking however it requires a very high level of skill to edit a bios file, flash the bios to the new edited file. This is one of those things that IF you have to ask how to do it, you do not have the necessary skill set.

8. BojoAsh

BojoAsh Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply.

9. BojoAsh

BojoAsh Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!