Accessing WinXP Network with Xandros 3.0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sunny_blue_skies

I decided to give Xandros a try, I'm just getting too ticked with Windows, anyway, here is my problem.
We have 3 PC's on our network, 2 desktops and 1 laptop, they are connected with Linksys. 2 are Win XP and one was Win98, of which I took Win98 off to put Xandros 3.0 OCE Edition on.
I had no problems with the Network prior to Xandros.
I tried to setup Xandros to access the Win XP Network but for some reason I can't get the connection. I tried to set it up within the Windows Networking with using the same old computer description and workgroup, of course enabeling the file sharing etc. I didn't get any error messages or anything, but no other computers show up in he windows network directory and I can't access Xandros from the other computers either.
Then I tried to set it up with the Network connection, same computer name as before, specify the static address to the same IP as before, using the same Subnetmask as before, we didn't use Gateway before, so I'm not sure what to do there, anyway, still the same thing, no error messages, no connection from or to the Xandros machine.
Can somebody walk me through the whole thing so I can get on my network with Xandros?
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online