Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Accidental hard reset on router- Help!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
Greetings, we recently got a new desktop and my nephew configured the wireless DLink router for the desktop and two laptops. It was all working fine, with our *****home network connecting with all the computers. Then my laptop stopped being connected to the home network. I tried rebooting, didn't help.
I read online that I should reset the router- so I pushed on the reset button and reset it. Then I learned that was the worst thing I could have done-my home network disappeared. I think it deleted all the configurations on the router. My question now is- can I get it all back? I am very computer illiterate. I do have the CD that came with the router- can I just reinstall it with the CD? I see that the *****home network is still on the computer but it will not show up on the internet access. The only way I can connect to the internet is using the DLink internet access, but I understand that is not safe. So- is there any way to recover all the configurations my nephew put in, or must I start from scratch? Thank you in advance!

#3 ·
I think D-Link configuration files (at least mine is) are .gws.

If none was saved you will need to just reconfigure the router. The user guide is probably on the CD that came with it and also on D-Link's web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.