Accidental Securty

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

koroshb

Hello! I did something stupid today: I accidentally denied myself the right to access my backup drive! YAY! Now how do you undo that without formatting the drive? I did this in Windows 7 by right-clicking the drive and clicking security.

koroshb

it denies me permision, though.

BTW Thank you so much Elvandil! I've always solved my problems with your advice! Thanks!

koroshb

I removed the cable and plugged it into the computer agian, and it says that windows needs to format the drive. I dont want to do that! It also denies me permission, even though I was the one who set it!

Being denied permission and needing to format are 2 different things. If it says that it needs formatting, then it can't find any file system or files on the drive.

What does Disk Management say about the drive?

Something else must have happened besides just changing permissions.

koroshb

it says that it's healthy and whatnot, and when i click explore, it opens it up, but I can't open anything

What do you see when it "opens up"?

Is it in Computer with the other drives? What are its properties?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts