1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

accidentally deleted cwsdpmi.swp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bgsm2000, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bgsm2000

bgsm2000 Thread Starter

hi, guys!

a long, long time ago, i've accidentally deleted cwsdpmi.swp from c:\, and it caused me some problems running some command-line-based applications, and ms-dos applications and games, too.

could somebody send me the cwsdpmi.swp file by email, please?

I'm using windows xp pro service pack 3.

my mail is

gillmalka65(at)gmail.com

bye
    :) :) :)

edit: you can find cwsdpmi.swp in c:\

2. Cybershaman

Cybershaman

Well alrightythen! I've got an XP pro disc with sp3 slipstreamed in around here somewhere...

Please stand by!

(I'll post if I can't find it.)

PS: You might want to edit your post so your email reads something like gillmalka65 (at) gmail.com so the spam bots don't add you to their ever growing list. just looking out for ya, brother! :)

3. bgsm2000

bgsm2000 Thread Starter

thanks, man!

4. Cybershaman

Cybershaman

I could be wrong but I think your answer lies here: http://clio.rice.edu/cwsdpmi/

I'm currently reading the documentation in the binary distributable .zip file.

.swp tells me it's a swap file and created by the program. Maybe using the cwsparam.exe to change the name of the .swp like the documentation says might recreate it and fix your problem.

For now I'm going to say I need to research this more before I give you a definitive answer. Maybe someone will come along and help us both! :)

5. Cybershaman

Cybershaman

Here is what the docs say:

""Warning: cannot open swap file c:\cwsdpmi.swp"

Maybe you are out of file handles, or the swap file name is incorrectly specified in the image (change the name with cwsparam)."

Does this help you at all? :)

6. bgsm2000

bgsm2000 Thread Starter

thank you!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!