1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Accidentally deleted desktop folder

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by oldmaven, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oldmaven

oldmaven Thread Starter

I accidentally deleted the Desktop folder from my XP Pro PC. This seems to have no effect on operation or appearance, even after rebooting, but the folder does not show up in Windows Explorer or PowerDesk except for an instant when I open either program. No sign of it in Recycle Bin.

How do i get it back? Do I even need to, if all else seems well?

I tried System Restore, but no go. It shows restore points set yesterday, but won't restore to the latest of these (the only one I've tried), shows no other boldfaced dates this month, and won't scroll back to earlier months

2. stantley

stantley

You can just create a new folder called Desktop and put it in C:\Documents and Settings\username.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969618