1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Accidentally deleted drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Roxy60, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Roxy60

Roxy60 Thread Starter

I accidentally deleted 3 drivers. Namely USB 2.0 crw and 2 modem drivers... Window's not installing the drivers automatically nor I am able to do it manually. I also don't want to restore. Can someone please help?
    I'am attaching a screenshot of my device manager settings so you can see which drivers I'am pointing out.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2370M CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3949 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, 1782 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 158812 MB, Free - 101688 MB; E: Total - 133999 MB, Free - 41661 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 04G65K
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Attached Files:

2. valis

valis Moderator

how did you 'accidentally' delete them? To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to do that accidentally as you will get prompted to verify you wish to delete them.

click start > run > sysdm.cpl > hardware tab > device manager > check for yellow triangles. Those are the drivers you need. When you find a yellow triangle, check out the hardware ID's on the driver details tab; it should look like PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DF&SUBSYS_01681028&REV_02.

The VEN_ is the vendor ID, the DEV_ is the device id; enter both of them at http://pcidatabase.com/. That will give you the details you need to track down the driver. Don't hesitate to post back here; it's a lot to swallow at once.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You appear to have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 15.6" laptop that comes with Windows 7 64-bit.

What's the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on it?

-------------------------------------------------------

4. Roxy60

Roxy60 Thread Starter

Yeah I have exactly that except that mine came with Windows 8 64-bit.
    here is my service tag
    Inspiron 15R 5520
    Service Tag: 26LJ7W1 | Express Service Code: 4752530353

5. Roxy60

Roxy60 Thread Starter

I Don't see a device id or a vendor id in the details tab

Attached Files:

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the Dell support site that's assigned only to YOUR Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 laptop.

You should add and save this site in your browser's favorites/bookmarks list so you can quickly refer to it when needed.

According to its original system configuration section, it shipped in November 2012 and came with Windows 8.

If you click the "Drivers & downloads" button, then select "MS Windows 8 64-bit" for the operating system, then click the "Service Tag" button, it'll bring up the list of device drivers for YOUR laptop.

------------------------------------------------------------

7. valis

valis Moderator

as you are getting help here on this identical issue, I'm closing this one so we don't waste any further time on duplicating others responses. Please do not duplicate threads.

thanks,

v

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1128736

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice