Accidentally deleted efi partition

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

uurii

So i was formating my old linux drive and i don't know why but the efi partition was on this drive and i deleted it accidentally.My data is intact in the other drive.
Now i'm on windows recovery mode and to recreate the efi partition it says I need a gpt disk table but its mbr, so i try to use mbr2gpt (mbr2gpt /validate /disk:0 /allowfullos ) and returns "disk layout validation failed for disk 0".
Also if I end with a gpt table it would be great because I was trying to install windows 11 and was just doing a cleanup of the system.
Thanks in advance.
Old drive is hdd.
New drive is nvme.
Thanks in advance.

Unplug the drive with data, Then plug in the drive which you want to install Win 11 onto. Then boot the Win Setup USB memory stick. When it comes to the part where it asks for partitions, delete all partitions ( I assume none needs to be saved, because you said data was on the other drive ) and let it proceed with the install.

uurii

Unplug the drive with data, Then plug in the drive which you want to install Win 11 onto. Then boot the Win Setup USB memory stick. When it comes to the part where it asks for partitions, delete all partitions ( I assume none needs to be saved, because you said data was on the other drive ) and let it proceed with the install.
Thanks for your response but is there a way to install win11 on the ssd because the HDD is so slow.

uurii

Is there data on the SSD that you need to save ?
Thank you but I already solved the problem shrinking ssd creating partition and copying boot files with bootrec then changed MBR to got with MBR2gpt and proceeded to install windows 11.
Thank you anyway

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online