Accidentally deleted my recovery drive contents.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

1721pst

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220T CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8062 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1984 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 941450 MB, Free - 900404 MB; D: Total - 10450 MB, Free - 10344 MB; E: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 456384 MB; F: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 105234 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AFB
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

How can I restore my D: drive recovery contents? I accidentally deleted the contents since it had become over capacity and was in the red-colored status continually.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
You can't. Recovery partitions are generally full and that is not a problem. It won't cause you any problems that you deleted it but you just won't be able to restore your computer back to factory state without ordering a set of recovery discs from HP.

Try some partition recovery tools, like Easeus partition recovery or Partition Wizard, which all works well.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
I wouldn't trust using data recovery on a recovery partition, it may give you the false sense that everything is recovered and good until you go to use it and there is one missing or corrupt file that prevents the partition from booting or fails during a restore.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online