1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Accidentally deleted my recovery drive contents.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by 1721pst, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 1721pst

1721pst Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220T CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8062 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1984 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 941450 MB, Free - 900404 MB; D: Total - 10450 MB, Free - 10344 MB; E: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 456384 MB; F: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 105234 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AFB
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

How can I restore my D: drive recovery contents? I accidentally deleted the contents since it had become over capacity and was in the red-colored status continually.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You can't. Recovery partitions are generally full and that is not a problem. It won't cause you any problems that you deleted it but you just won't be able to restore your computer back to factory state without ordering a set of recovery discs from HP.

3. Hamphoeby

Hamphoeby

Try some partition recovery tools, like Easeus partition recovery or Partition Wizard, which all works well.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I wouldn't trust using data recovery on a recovery partition, it may give you the false sense that everything is recovered and good until you go to use it and there is one missing or corrupt file that prevents the partition from booting or fails during a restore.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1171511

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice