Accidentally Deleted needed folders in Drive D!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shimmerchick2005

Ok so this is what happened. Everyday my windows vista does an automatic files backup. It worked fine until one day a thing popped up during the backup and it said my backup failed because my drive D was full. So I came on here and someone said it was safe to delete all the files on my drive D, so I did. The files still wont work now because there is no folder for the backup files to go into. I tried doing the backup to another Drive, like drive C, but it wont give me that option. How can I recover my folders in Drive d?? Which ones were there?? This was about a month ago so I dont think I can recover them. I need to backup my files but there is an error everytime.

The backup is looking for the previously created backup file and can't find it. Create a whole new back-up.

By the way, is your D:\drive the restore partition for you computer or do you have a restore disk and or Vista dvd?

shimmerchick2005

My Drive D is the restore partition...
How do I create a whole new back up. I think Ive tried before and it fails everytime.

As a general rule, you don't ever want to backup anything to that restore partition. That partition is there to help you restore your computer back to factory defaults in the event something catastrophic happens. I don't know why computer manufacturers don't make that partition invisible so people don't put data on there....Ugghhh

Get an external drives and point your backups to that in the future.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online