1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Accidentally Deleted needed folders in Drive D!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by shimmerchick2005, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shimmerchick2005

shimmerchick2005 Thread Starter

Ok so this is what happened. Everyday my windows vista does an automatic files backup. It worked fine until one day a thing popped up during the backup and it said my backup failed because my drive D was full. So I came on here and someone said it was safe to delete all the files on my drive D, so I did. The files still wont work now because there is no folder for the backup files to go into. I tried doing the backup to another Drive, like drive C, but it wont give me that option. How can I recover my folders in Drive d?? Which ones were there?? This was about a month ago so I dont think I can recover them. I need to backup my files but there is an error everytime.

2. unbidden

unbidden

The backup is looking for the previously created backup file and can't find it. Create a whole new back-up.

By the way, is your D:\drive the restore partition for you computer or do you have a restore disk and or Vista dvd?

3. shimmerchick2005

My Drive D is the restore partition...
    How do I create a whole new back up. I think Ive tried before and it fails everytime.

4. unbidden

unbidden

There are many tutorials on the net for Vista back-up, here is one:
    http://www.vista4beginners.com/How-to-backup-your-data

Your restore partition should be left alone; if you damage the files on it, you can't restore/repair your computer, at least not from that partition.

5. shimmerchick2005

It wont let me start a whole new backup.... Is there anything else to do??

6. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

First Name:
    Bruce
    As a general rule, you don't ever want to backup anything to that restore partition. That partition is there to help you restore your computer back to factory defaults in the event something catastrophic happens. I don't know why computer manufacturers don't make that partition invisible so people don't put data on there....Ugghhh

Get an external drives and point your backups to that in the future.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/694386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice