Accidentally Merged Folders

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RavenJoie1204

Capture.PNG

I was trying to transfer some of my folders/USERS into another drive to save space but instead they all merged into drive D:\ (AS seen on the photo) and when i try to restore them this happened

Oddba11

Jim
If I'm reading the error message correctly, they weren't merged. The error is saying that they can't be moved to that location.

Yes they were moved. See left pane of Explorer in screenshot. Documents, Music, Pictures, and Videos are all pointing to D:\ now.

Go back to the Location tab in Properties for each of these folders, then click Restore Default, then click Apply . When it asks if you want to move your files, say no. Do this for each of the four folders.

Then manually move the files to the correct place (Documents, Music, Pictures, and Videos under C:\Users\Raven Joie Gonzales). The System Volume Information folder stays on D:\. There are other things that are supposed to stay there, too. From your screenshot, I would say Downloads, Program Files, and Windows Apps folders stay, for sure. Games, I'm not sure. If it's installed games, it should stay on D:\, if it's downloads of games, may have been in Documents (or Downloads). Amelie and Pulp Fiction go to Videos. Square Enix + pirated games may have been in documents, downloads, or installed on D:\. Can't really see the rest.

Afraid you'll have to sort thru the mess manually as I don't see a way to do it automatically.

You may want to set things to show hidden files and folders, so that you see everything on D:\
(File Explorer -> View tab -> Options -> Change Folder and Search Options -> View tab -> under Hidden Files and Folders click Show. May also want to uncheck Hide Protected OS files further down there to ensure you see everything)

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online