Accidentally uninstalled audio plugin

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jstothy

Hey, so recently I was on the control panel uninstalling some old junk and little did I realise I accidentally uninstalled my audio plugin, so I have no sound what so ever. I've tried but can't seem to find a solution. Can you help me out?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the brand name and model name and complete model number of your computer?

Is it running Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?

If you accidentally uninstalled its audio driver, it needs to be reinstalled.

------------------------------------------------------------

Go to Control Panel - Device Manager.

Expand the Sound Video And Game Controllers heading.

What's the exact description listed there?

------------------------------------------------------------

Jstothy

I made a mistake it's actually windows xp
System:
Microsoft windows Xp
Home edition
Version 2002
Service pack 3

Registered to:
User
55277-OEM-0074514-34183

Computer:
Intel[R]
Pentium[R] D CPU 3.40GHz
3.39GHz, 1.99gb of RAM
Physical Adress extension

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
All that tells me is that your computer has an Intel Pentium D 3.40 GHz processor and 2 GB of RAM and is running Windows XP Home Edition SP3.

You need to reply to all of the questions and instructions in post #2 so we can identify your computer and its audio device and locate the audio driver.

--------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online