Accidentally Uninstalled MS Office 365

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

janet444

Yes, it was incredibly stupid to accidentally uninstall it. But twice, I got audio malware after installing a completely different program and when I looked to see which new programs were installed to find out if malware was installed, MS Office 365 was installed on the same date as the program I had purposely installed. This time, I had installed Java and I thought that this was some malware program masquerading as MS Office. It was not. I can no longer run MS Word or Excel.

I tried to run a System Restore several times, but I kept getting an error message (30175-13). When I look it up, it only says that I need to re-install the program. This is a problem, because my son gave me his computer and he doesn't know how he got MS Office 365. I think it probably came bundled with his laptop, but I have no way of re-installing it.

Because I ran System Restore so many times, I can no longer access System Restore from the date at which I last had MS Office. (I didn't realize that would happen, or I would have waited until I visited a forum like this one).

I know I can use Open Office, and I only use Word and Excel, but I do need MS Word 2007 or newer for one of my part-time jobs and I need MS Word for another part-time job as well.

Is there any way for me to recover that program at this point? My OS is Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Janet

If you have office 365, it is associated with your Microsoft/Live account (or maybe your sons?). Go to www.office.com and log in to see if you have a license, if you have you can disable it and then reinstall.

janet444

I didn't know that! It would be my son's account. Thank you! I'll try it and let you know what happens.

Meanwhile, I was relieved to learn that these days, we can actually subscribe to MS Office for a reasonable fee. It's $9.99 for up to five computers and $6.99 for one computer. I believe both options include an equal number of smart phones. In the long run, it's cheaper to buy it outright, but for those of us on a strict budget, it's helpful. And you always get the most updated versions, so you never need to update to a newer version. For anyone who is following this thread who might want to do that, here is the link:

https://products.office.com/en-us/buy/compare-microsoft-office-products

janet444

It's working! Thank you!

It does say that the subscription expires Jan. 24, so I'm a little confused. But at least now I understand how the subscriptions work, so it won't be a big deal to renew, plus I get another month for free. :)

Thanks very much!

Janet

janet444

Well, I've had my son's laptop since September, and I was surprised that I had Word 2013. So I'm still a bit confused, but I'm happy and grateful to have Word and Excel back! :)

Thanks again!

Janet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online