1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Accidentially Uninstalled Outlook 2013 (moved from Windows 7)

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kenfor, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kenfor

kenfor Thread Starter

I was trying to install office 365 and accidentally uninstalled my outlook 2013 desktop version. Is all of my data lost or is there a way to get it back?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Your data is fine, data is not tied to a specific version of Office, simply install the new Office 365 and your data and Outlook data and settings should be there.

3. kenfor

kenfor Thread Starter

I have 365 installed but I still cant open my word/excel files (they are not in my new 365 progams and when I try to open them they say the file has moved), and also I have lost my contacts and information in outlook 2013.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Are you double clicking the files or using the Open option inside the program?

If you uninstalled the old Office after installing the new Office you may have broken file associations or something else. Go to Programs & Features in the Control Panel and choose to do either a Quick or Full Repair by double clicking on the Office 365 entry.

What type of email account did you have setup in Outlook? POP, IMAP, Exchange? Who was the email provider? In your Documents folder there should be an Outlook Files folder, are there any files in it? What are their names and file sizes?

5. kenfor

kenfor Thread Starter

The outlook support helped me. There was a glitch when i uninstalled 365 and it uninstalled my 2013 partially. He finished uninstalling and reinstalled 365 which then made it possible for me to access my files. Thanks for your help!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice