1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

account hijacked

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by ktg35envy, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ktg35envy

ktg35envy Thread Starter

I just found out tonight that my ebay account was highjacked, ebay email and password changed and some dude listed 2 huge televisions under my name. i havent used this account in months. it said the items were located in China. i contacted ebay security via there live chat line and i must say they were extremely prompt in taking action. kudos to the email security staff on great customer service.

what they told me was a third party gained access to my ebay account. i have no idea how. i always delete those dams phishing emails but i will admit that i do use the same password and have for a long time. naturally i have changed ALL my passwords now and made them very difficult to decipher.

my question is about IP and ISP hosts. when this loser changed my email and password ebay fired off an email to me saying that somebody at IP address 209.158.161.54 and ISP host: 10.10.63.245 had done this. obviously the IP address is not even close to mine but the ISP is very similar. my ISP is Rogers. i live in ontario canada. my ISP is 10.10.63.253.

is this similarity in ISP hosts just a coincidence or does this mean the dude might be closer than i think i.e. not way over in China. is there a way of figuring our where this dude lives so i can notify the authorities or is that just wishful thinking. any interpretation would be helpful.

Thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!