1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Account Login Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by noobd, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. noobd

noobd Thread Starter

Whenever my dad or someone else logs into their XP account and then leaves it idle when they are done, the screen blacks and the monitor turns off.

When it turn it back on its at the XP main menu. I try to login to my account, it seems like it starts to work, but then it brings me back to the main menu. It happens over and over, but then ill get my dad to try logging into his account and it works...

Why does this happen?
    How can i fix it?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have a look at the power settings in control panel - see if they are set to go off after certain time.

3. skartel

skartel

Also, the reason you cannot log in is probably because the computer is "locked" in your dad's account, and only he or a person with an Administrator account can unlock it.

4. noobd

noobd Thread Starter

How do I check at the power settings?

And, I can login to my account fine.. I know my password and I can do it fine after i restart.

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you need to have admin rights
    control panel
    power options
    the first tab is power schemes - see whats set there
    change it to always on and see what happens
    "skartel" has answered the next question regards logging in - it will be locked in your dads account, or whoever last used it

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/399958

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice