1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer 5610-4491 connection with Sony Braveria EX400 LCD TV

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by rk77, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rk77

rk77 Thread Starter

I tried to connect Acer Laptop 5610-4491 with Sony Braveria EX400 LCD TV through a VGA cable (15 pins connected to laptop and HDMI connector to HDMI port of TV ). The computer does not detect the TV and the TV does not detect the computer).

I also tried a VGA to VGA cable to connect the PC with the TV but that too failed. Can I anyone please suggest a solution?

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I think this is the manual for your TV: http://www.docs.sony.com/release/KDL32EX400.pdf

You are probably going to need a VGA to VGA cable, a VGA to HDMI adapter cable isn't going to work unless your laptop has TV out capability. You need to set the TV input to PC, and use one of the VGA screen resolutions and timings shown on page 46 of the manual. I have a similar model Sony KDL-40V3000 that works using the VGA connector with a laptop.

3. buffoon

buffoon

Yes, follow Frank4d's advice. By the time you'd have converted VGA to HDMI (assuming you can) it won't give you a better picture than HDMI anyway. Actually it's not THAT noticeably better anyway, even if you could go HDMI (if your laptop had it) to HDMI.

Also remember that you need an audio cable from your laptop outpout to the audio input on your Bravia to get sound and not just image. It's located right next to the VGA(RS 232) input of your TV. Since it's linked to only that, make sure you don't choose any other audio input socket. 3.5 mm single mini plug both ends of cable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970922

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice