1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer 7520 laptop screen goes black after windows logo during boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WiiWii, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WiiWii

WiiWii Thread Starter

Hello,

I am working on an Acer laptop that boots normally except for the screen going blank after the windows loading logo in Windows 7. It does the same when booting to a Windows install disc. It gets past the initial screen when copying files and then goes blank. When connected to a second monitor, the monitor shows "video out of range". I tried booting to safe mode and vga mode with no luck on both monitors. The system loads into windows desktop as I can hear the sounds and I can power down using the start menu blindly. The display works fine in the system BIOS and during the initial boot from disc or hard drive. I am thinking the internal video card is bad but want to explore other options before giving up.

So far I have:
    Tested all hardware
    Cloned a drive from another machine with a good OS
    Tried both the original Windows Vista OS and a new copy of Windows 7 from both CD and hard drive
    Booted to VGA mode and safe mode
    Reset BIOS to defaults

Please help me get this stubborn laptop to boot normally!

2. dai

dai

nothing on a external monitor indicates the video chip has gone

3. marbski

marbski

try to use other monitor attached to your laptop see what happened..

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    If the video chip had gone wouldn't there be no display at all ? OP says display is there at switch on and through post etc

Having said that I don't know why the display is going off.

5. dai

dai

are you getting a screen in safe mode

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice