Acer Aspire 1 722 notebook Hdmi port does nothing

Abie2

I am trying to recharge my Kodak sport camera with the hdmi/micro B/5 pin cable that came with it for the first time. My Acer has a Hdmi port and i am assuming its an out port, with the other end going into a micro hdmi input on the camera. I get no windows acknowledgement for win 7, nor win 10. Being an old notebook, i have no manual of the Acer and tried to download a copy, but most of them want you to set up an account with notifications, and i do not want it on those terms. Does anyone have an idea how i can get this done, my camera depends on it...according to the camera manual it should only be done with the cable they supplied.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What is the model name and exact model number of your Kodak camera?

The Acer Aspire One 722 netbook is a several years old model, so I'm not sure if it would have a HDMI port.

-------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Abie2

What is the model name and exact model number of your Kodak camera?

The Acer Aspire One 722 netbook is a several years old model, so I'm not sure if it would have a HDMI port.

"New" enough. I know the difference between a HDMI port and a USB port. The camera is Kodaks Play/sport. There are a few "youtube' videos about it.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I provided the on-line user manual to you as a courtesy.

What is the exact SNID number on your Acer?

plodr

Liz
You charge the battery through a wall wart (page 2)
Kodak.jpg

Another option is to use an external charger.
Kodak2.jpg

The last option is what Frank has pictured, plugging the cable into a USB port on the Aspire 722.

You don't use an hdmi port on the 722.

hdmi/micro B/
Your camera should have come with a USB/microUSB cable NOT hdmi.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm not sure if your Kodak PlaySport camera came with the ArcSoft MediaImpression software.
It doesn't appear to be free, so you would need to obtain and use a trial version.

Once we have your Acer's SNID number and can hopefully locate its support site, there should be a link to its user's manual.

Couriant

James
Just to chime in and reiterate some points:

You mentioned that you want to recharge your camera. You are also mentioning the HDMI port/cable. You didn't confirm the exact model of the camera, but I suspect the one mentioned in the link Frank provided is the one. From what I read, the camera does come with an HDMI cable, but that is to plug into a HDMI In port on a monitor/TV.

HDMI ports do not carry power, so you will not be able to recharge your camera that way. Also, the HDMI port as you correctly stated are HDMI Out only on laptops, so unless the ports on the camera are in ports and the camera is on, Windows will not detect the camera.

If you need to charge the camera, falling short of using the wall charger that the battery connects to as indicated by Liz's post, then the cable you would need is the USB -> MicroUSB judging by the pictures. If the camera is not showing it's being charged by the computer, plug it into a USB/AC adapter to the wall. If you do not have one, then they are not expensive to get one. If the camera is still not charging then you would need to go to Kodak for assistance.

Last edited:

Abie2

I provided the on-line user manual to you as a courtesy.

What is the exact SNID number on your Acer?

The SNID is : 12511839916

As for the following replies, the user manual of Kodal Sport/Play camera SHOWN ABOVE is slightly different from the one I have, but should not make a difference as far as recharging. The cable i got with mine has one end, a DAEC HDMI AND THE OTHER END IS A MICRO HDMI. That is why I thought my HDMI port on my Acer was an input. I don't understand the logic of having a HDMI port as an output. Output from a computer? I have 3 usb adapter plugs, none of them is compatible to this cable I have and BTW, Kodak does not support this camera or any of their cameras as far as i know, cause they were the first one I tried to get the support from.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I got a "not found" on that SNID number at the U.S. Acer support site.
Recheck the number and also advise which country that netbook was purchased in.

--------------------------------------------------

Abie2

I got a "not found" on that SNID number at the U.S. Acer support site.
Recheck the number and also advise which country that netbook was purchased in.

--------------------------------------------------
I bought that notebook in the good old USA, New York. That is definetly the snid number of this notebook, after all I bought it about 8 or 10 years ago, so it doesn't surprise me there is no longer support.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
It's possible because of the Acer Aspire One 722 netbook's age that Acer support no longer has its SNID number in its database.

THIS is the download link for that netbook's user manual.
It's in .ZIP format, so its contents need to extracted after it's downloaded and saved.
It's in .PDF format, so Adobe Reader or some other PDF reader is needed to open and view it.

Page 33 of its user manual shows it having a USB2 port for connecting a camera.
Capture.JPG

managed

Allan
The HDMI port on a laptop is a graphics output that connects to an (external) monitor.

Couriant

James

... I don't understand the logic of having a HDMI port as an output. Output from a computer?...
This so you can have an external monitor along with your laptop screen. It's not that uncommon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts