1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

acer aspire 3620 restore

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by melb26, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. melb26

melb26 Thread Starter

hi i am hoping someone here can help me.
    i have an acer aspire 3620 and i keep getting the message windows cannot start because the following file is missing or corrupt file: windows/system32..."
    does anyone know how i can restore it without losing all the things i have saved in it or is there any way i can get to them to save them elsewhere?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. melb26

melb26 Thread Starter

..by doing this will i without a doubt be able to save all the information that was in my computer before it messed up?

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Yes. If you succeed with this procedure, it only restores an earlier registry. Some programs may need to be re-installed, but all files will stay.

If it doesn't work and you end up doing something more drastic, like connecting that drive to another machine to recover data, it will still be all intact and recoverable.

The only problem may be if the drive itself is failing.

5. melb26

melb26 Thread Starter

I tried restoring with my recovery cd and my computer is not detecting it.

I also tried to use a linux cd and it did not detect that either.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699608

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice