1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

acer aspire 3630 notebook

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by az_in_oz77, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. az_in_oz77

az_in_oz77 Thread Starter

hi there i have a acer aspire notebook i put a 1gb sodimm module in it switched it on and it worked fine switched it off turned it back on and nothing no bios no nothing it wont read from any of the drives it's got me buggered can anyone help cheers.:confused: az_in_oz

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Open it up and reseat thememory again and be really carefull it is all the way in.

3. az_in_oz77

yeah did that its all the way in still no go?

4. Compiler

Compiler

reinstall original RAM to confirm if at least the notebook is not dead.

5. az_in_oz77

thanks to rich-m and compiler for the advice re-installed old ram and it lives again just still has issues i seriously beleive that the ram is faulty is there any way to check ? once again thank you so much for all your help guys and if your ever in the neigbourhood drop me a line thanks again.:D
    aaron
    az_in_oz77

6. Compiler

Compiler

There is a chance the memory module you bought is incompatible. Or you're supposed to have 2 DIMMS of the same type, not just one. Or you have added the new RAM module while leaving the old one in its other socket. Notebooks typically have 2 sockets.

Any of these things can cause the problems you experinced.

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Yes run www.memtest86.com and that will make either a cd or floppy disk you boot to. be sure to run it for 3-4 hours or 4 complete tests each time on only 1 ram stick to be certain.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/681396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice