1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Aspire 4530 Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bbgarnett, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bbgarnett

bbgarnett Thread Starter

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If it works then obviously its a good deal for $126. In any case its yours now.

3. bbgarnett

bbgarnett Thread Starter

Hey,

Yeah he says it works just fine just some scuffs and stuff on the case and some dust in between the LCD, also it has one pressure mark on the screen otherwise it works fine and has a fresh install of XP on it. It also comes with a cloth case and an external 2.5 inch HDD enclosure. It only has an 80 GB HD in it so I will upgrade that to like 250 GB and put the 80 GB in the enclosure. Anyways I stumbled upon it with like 5-10 minutes left in the auction so I had to make the decision quickly it was at 92.00 when I first saw it and so I did some quick searching and what not and I thought that it was a good deal so I jumped on it. Now I was just checking to see what others thought. The laptop will mainly be used for music and web surfing as well as watching some videos and what not. So I think the specs are more than enough to do that and more. Also it has a webcam which is just an added bonus not sure how much it will get used but he says that the webcam doesn't always work and he wasn't sure why but that it just sometimes works just fine and others it won't. So I don't know what that could be like if it's a driver issue or if the Webcam is going bad. I mean it's not a big deal since I have never had a laptop with a webcam or even really a webcam of any kind and I have never said to myself that I really need one.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Maybe you can try reinstalling the webcam drivers/software from the Acer website and see if that fixes it.

5. bbgarnett

bbgarnett Thread Starter

Hey,

Yeah The laptop comes on Friday so I will try that

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1009431

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice