1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer aspire 4720z dead!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Qx1, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Qx1

Qx1 Thread Starter

my brother has an Acer aspire 4720z...he is saying that when he came home and tried to turn his lapi ON it didnt turned ON.
    there was no response at all,and the laptop was also plugged to the power but was not charging ( the charging light was not comming up where the charger is connected to the laptop as it should )...but the adapter of the charging cable has a light that was glowing as it should when connected to the external power.
    so it seams that the charging cable is fine n somthing is wrong with the laptop, mi right??
    i asked him to try powering on without the charging cable attached but nothing,
    i then asked him to look if it turns on after removing the battery nothing here too,
    turn on laptop with battery out n external power connected nothing here too.

i looked for it over the internet and came to kno that the motherboard has crashed/fryed
    and one more way to try turn on..pressing power button of lapi for 45 sec without the battery n external power and then try charging for some time and try starting then.

i asked a person who used to sell desktops and is now selling laptops ( a big shop),he told me that there may be some problem with the ram,he asked me to take out the ram and clean it and try again.....AND he told me that motherboards of laptops DONT MALFUNCTION / CRASH...ooohh man is it true??????????i just could`nt believe my ears not for wat he was saying but for that that a guy who is selling laptops is saying that...and believe me that is one of the best shops of my town...god help us.

the laptop is out of warranty n all,my bro took it to some shop there(he is in virginia US n im in india !!!) they told him that they will charge $ 50 just for looking wats the matter,so is it worth it???is there any other solution???like motherboard replacing(if it can be)??
    or opening the lapi case and look for somthin n then taking care of that???

i have my compaq v6307tu lapi n it is working (downloading n seeding) for almost 2 months (constently n this anint the first time this just the longest for me even though it is 5 yr or so old) ,....i have never came across that kinda problem

2. Megabite

Megabite

Try another powerSupply or test that one on another PC if it is the correct power output.

3. zyper95

zyper95

If you connect the AC adapter and the charge light does not turn on, it is possible that the DC-in port of the laptop is loose. Is the battery fully charge?

4. Qx1

Qx1 Thread Starter

i dont kno if the battery is charged or not....how can i check???the system does not starts at alllllllllll...the port was working fine n is not loose.
    i mean it does not starts when i do the following:-
    -battery disconnected,n external power is ON but no indication of charging at the port
    -battery intact ,external power also connected, same results
    -battery n external power disconnected.....pressed power button for 45 sec,then tryed charging for a couple of minutes and repeated the above steps....no results.

5. zyper95

zyper95

Do you have a spare AC adapter that you can use on your laptop?

6. Qx1

Qx1 Thread Starter

i got my laptop checked by someone...actually someone got it checked for me..
    he told me that the there is some problem where charging port of my laptop connects to the motherboard.....300$
    wat next??other than buying a new one??
    can anything be done???
    the laptop is in US right now..it will be comming to india with someone, so just tell me wat i need to get to make it work...if someone here is from delhi tell me some shops in nehru place,or other market where it can be done..

7. Qx1

Qx1 Thread Starter

bump

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/886537

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice