1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Aspire 5003WLMI (Win XP) - No audio from laptop speaker; headphones work fine

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by androidicus, Aug 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. androidicus

androidicus Thread Starter

I know it's possible that the speaker itself is just blown, but is there any way that it could be a software/driver issue? Supposedly this laptop uses AC97 drivers from Realtek. I have attempted to install Acer's audio drivers from their website for the 5000 series (they didn't have one specifically for the 5003wlmi) and I've also downloaded generic drivers directly from Realktek. No luck. :mad:

Any ideas?

2. joeten

joeten

Hi have you tried using headphones to test the sound

3. androidicus

androidicus Thread Starter

Yeah, as I mentioned in the initial post, the headphones work fine, but the on board speaker doesn't.

4. joeten

joeten

Hi then I would suspect the speaker is gone sorry for asking just wanted to clarify I had read it correctly

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1013587

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice