1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer aspire 5100 boot sequence prob

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by obscureuk, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obscureuk

obscureuk Thread Starter

Hey everyone, Can anyone help me please?

Someone is paying me to fix their laptop, Everytime it boots up it goes to the "windows error recovery" screen, I am trying to reinstall vista, I got around the bios password I encountered with "dogbers" tool. When I change the boot sequence so the cdrom is at the top of the list it still doesn't boot. I enabled the F12 Function So It will display what it's finding during the boot, It is finding two of the 8 in the sequence every time, But every time it is different. Say it finds 1.sata & 4.usb key one time, I will change cdrom to 1. or 4., Then when I boot again and press F12 the two it finds have changed, I don't understand, Can anyone help me please?

Acer Aspire 5100
    Windows Vista premium

Cpu type: AMD turion 64 x2 mobile technology TL-50
    Cpu speed: 1600 Mhz
    System bios version V3.1.3

(y)

2. obscureuk

obscureuk Thread Starter

Can someone help me please, It's not like I haven't researched this problem lol. It's doing my head in. :[

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice