1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Aspire 5100 Wont boot up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cecilep61280, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cecilep61280

cecilep61280 Thread Starter

I have an Acer Aspire 5100 that until this morning will not boot up. It shows the acer logo, and i am able to get into the bios settings but after that the screen is blank with a blinking underscore (_) and thats it. I have tons of school work on that computer and would like to get it off without restoring my whole computer. I dont have an XP cd and i also dont have the cds that came with the computer anymore. I was told i can do a restore using ALT + F10 but I am wondering if this will help and if i can get my files off the computer before doing a restore. Any suggestions? I also recently installed Norton 360, and do know that i have errors on my hard drive....if that may be the problem.

Also I have a gateway MT6451 laptop. The Acer is also a laptop...is it possible to connect the computers together to get the info off of the Acer and then do a restore on the acer? If this IS possible can you explain to me how to do it because I'm not extremely skilled with computers and dont know exactly how to set up a slave drive on my laptop (if possible). Thanks

2. cecilep61280

ok so alt + f11 or f10 are not working and its just beeping. What are my options here? I dont money to get it fixed and was wondering how i can fix this.

3. cecilep61280

Is it possible to use Ultimate Boot cd to fix this computer>?? I dont have a restore disc, or xp disc.....anyone?????

4. cecilep61280

Can anyone please assist me with this????

5. Bigfella

Bigfella

Has anything happened to your laptop lately. do you carry it around while listening to music. have you been carfull with it. if you havn't you may need to replace a component. provide more info on your usage of the laptop.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649028

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice