1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Aspire 5100 won't boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by james1996, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. james1996

james1996 Thread Starter

Several months ago, i was using my acer aspire 5100 laptop when the mouse suddenly stopped moving and the computer became unresponsive. When i restarted it it worked for about 30 seconds and the same thing happened. I've removed the operating system and initially, i was able to re-install it, only to find the same problem. I then wiped the hard drive using a boot CD and now it won't even boot from disk. Also, it froze when installing windows xp (I think this was the same issue as when it initially broke), and for a while it came up with a PXE-61 error which now no longer appears.
    The laptop managed to run linux ubuntu for about a week no problem until the same error occurred.
    any tips would be great

Thanks

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Dave Trusted Advisor

My guess would be test the memory.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

"Wiping" the drive may have made it unusable. Quite a few people have lost perfectly good drives that way. Why would someone do that to a drive they want to keep?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1056338