Acer Aspire 5310 will not boot or enter recovery mode.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

carolan78

The laptop kept freezing so my cousin brought it to me to restore to factory settings. When I started the laptop I pressed alt+f10 to enter acers rescovery consol. Th I got a long white line saying windows is loading files then I got the back screen with a scrolling bar with microsoft corporation below it. I am stuck on this window. I can not open in safe mode it goes through all the files and then hangs there.

I have tried to boot from a recovery cd but this isn't working I have made sure the bios is enable for cd boot and also tried pressing f12 and choosing boot from cd. Any ideas on what to try next because I am lost :eek:

carolan78

Ok now it will boot from recovery cd but its stalling at 77% when trying to restore to factory settings. It sounds like the disk drive is still trying to read the disk but nothing is happening!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online