acer aspire 5552 and acer aspire 5551-a

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gary2121

First Name
gary
hi all I have 2 acre aspire laptops one is a acer aspire 5552 and the second one is 5551-a both of them has the black screen of death I have tried a external monitor tried new ram striped Botham down and reconnected everything back to the boards also have removed the battery and held the power button for 1 min + reconnected the battery and power cable with no success any help would be great .
many thanks
Gary

metallica5456

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Andrew
Can you be more specific to this black screen? Is it the one with the flashing cursor?

Or just black?

Have you tried booting from a 'live' DVD like Ubuntu?

metallica5456

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Andrew
Do you have the recovery disks? A windows disc?
Do you have a black screen from the instant you turn it on or is there a brief POST splash screen?

gary2121

First Name
gary
and yes I have tried booting from hirens boot cd .
thanks for the replay

gary2121

First Name
gary
no its a black screen from the min I can it on no recovery disk I have plenty of windows disk

gary2121

First Name
gary
no its a black screen from the min you turn it on no splash screen at all

metallica5456

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Andrew
Try removing removing the battery and ac adaptor from the laptop and holding power for 30 seconds. Then reinsert power cord only and see if it will power on

metallica5456

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Andrew
If you're getting nothing on the screen the inverter could be bad. Try shining a bright light onto the screen when you turn it on.

If that doesn't work I'm not sure what else you can do at this point.

gary2121

First Name
gary
yea I was thinking that myself some people with this problem have flashed the bios and that worked for them

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online