1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Aspire 5552G: Deleted language pack - BIOS, can't change boot pri order

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Thomixio, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Thomixio

Thomixio Thread Starter

Hi dear!

I got an old computer that I used for perhaps one year ago, and what I did to destroy it was to delete the language pack somehow. Now I would like to try to fix it, as I actually need it. But I do have some issues, maybe someone of you guys know. I can start it up all the way to where I choose between safe mode, and so on - then I get the blue screen that lasts the whole 2 seconds, amazingly enough.

I have Windows 7 Installation, that's all I have. When I start up my PC also says two fix the problem:
    1 Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
    2 Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
    3 Click "Repair your computer".

Had this been as simple as the system claims, I would have been fixing it myself asap. The problem is that when I put the CD, restart the pc is also nothing happens. So I've searched up a bit, where you can do so in a way pc starts via cd so I can install windows 7 The problem is when I enter the BIOS I can choose between "Information, Main, Security, Boot and Exit ". When I go to BOOT it says "Boot priority order" and that's the list:
    1 IDE0 WD
    2 IDE1: PIONNER DVD-RW
    3 USB FDD:
    4 Network Boot: LEGACY PCI DEVICE
    5 USB HDD
    6 USB CD / DVD ROM:

I can not do anything here, no matter what I press. It's sort of gray text, what I can do about is completely black. So it turns out that they are locked. What should I do ..

Have also tried ALT + F10, the Acer eRecovery Management. When trying to complete recovery where it says "Please complete operating system setup process before doing system recovery can not start up".

So all this recovery stuff on Acer PCs are the totally meaningless. Anybody have any idea how to fix this giant problem, is not going to send it to repair - does not guarantee it. Would have been cool to getting this fixed. Do not have as much bearing on the PC, so if you first help me - please do not use advanced computer geeky words, you get my point I think!

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

When you're at theat boot priority list, did you try pressing the up and down arrow keys, or maybe "2" to select the "2"nd option, or maybe [F5] and [F6] to change the order? In some BIOSes it tells you which keys to press over on the right side of the screen, or along the bottom.

3. Thomixio

Thomixio Thread Starter

I did. Their opacity is like lower than the options that I can change, which are not in the boot tab. Just password etc.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

In an Acer Aspire AS3810T-8737 here, (with the InsydeH20 BIOS), if the CMOS/BIOS Setup is protected with a Supervisor password, the boot order priority cannot be changed unless the Supervisor password is used to get into the CMOS/BIOS Setup. When the User's password is instead, the boot order priority cannot be changed.

5. Thomixio

Thomixio Thread Starter

What shall I do then? And how to login as a supervisor? and I do not have the password?

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Sorry but, due to the open, public nature of this forum, any assistance given to help circumvent security measures, even for legitimate purposes, would be available for unscrupulous individuals to use for illegitimate purposes.

7. Thomixio

Thomixio Thread Starter

Oh really, we can't contact each other over PM neither then or?

8. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Don't get me in trouble. I've already been reprimanded once on this site for merely mentioning the fact that an extremely popular anti-malware product could be used to remove malware.

Even if I could though, I would still be hesitant to teach anyone how to bypass a password. Simply because that person, or someone that they might share the info with, would then attempt to use the knowledge against me and mine.

That said, you might try Google. ;)

9. Thomixio

Thomixio Thread Starter

No clue what I shall search, not that good with these pc things. :D

10. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Put your thinking cap on. ;)

I'm out.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!