Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acer Aspire 5630 mouse scroll button not working

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  thelung 
#1 ·
I have just purchased a used Acer Aspire 5630 and the middle mouse key is not working. It is a four-way mouse key that I think is supposed to be used for mouse scroll, especially as there is no scroll-margin on the touchpad and sliding my finger down the right side of the pad doesn't do anything.
I had initially installed windows 7 on this computer as soon as i got it, but due to these problems i reinstalled vista believing it may be a driver incompatibility issue. This turned out not to be the case as it doesn't work in vista either.
I opened up the casing to expose the actual buttons beneath and there is no visible trauma and the upper keys make good contact with the inner buttons. All the buttons, both left and right buttons; as well as the four scroll keys are all on the same board which makes me believe this has got to be a driver option. But, I'm open to any suggestions or ideas.
Can anybody help me make this work??? I really like this computer and would love to have it functioning completely.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks at least for reading this..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.