1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Aspire 5732z Monitor Driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kdakam, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdakam

kdakam Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a Acer Aspire 5732z Laptop. I recently had to recover the laptop using the Acer eRecovery Manager supplied with the laptop. I have the laptop up and running fine but Windows 7 or Acer haven't supplied the correct driver for the monitor and is instead using the 'Generic PnP Monitor' driver I assume comes as standard from Windows 7.

I have tried re-installing the supplied drivers from the Acer eRecovery Manager (no driver for monitor) but tried anyway. I have tried un-installing the driver with a restart in hope it would update itself, no luck. And I have searched the Acer website and Google for a driver that would work, this, without success.

I don't seem to be able to contact Acer Support either, it gives me all sorts of messages back!

Any ideas please guys as I seemed to have reached a dead end.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    As an additional note, the lcd monitor on your Notebook is going to display as a Generic Plug n Play Monitor. As long as your Graphics are displaying properly, you probably already have the correct Graphics Driver.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice