1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

acer aspire 5742-454g50 cannot load windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jtdc007, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtdc007

jtdc007 Thread Starter

Hello all what great site...
    I have a three month old aspire 5742 which will not boot up...
    The error message I get is: 0xc00000e9
    The computer did.an auto.update for Windows 7 whilst a external hard drive was connected then shut down it only completed 62% of the download.
    When I tried to turn back on it would not load Windows so I completed a recovery... this only got to.99% and would.not.complete.
    When I know try to reboot in any mode the computer fires up arrive working and the screen starting Windows appears.. the screen goes black for a few seconds, then following message appears: set up is starting devices... about 2 secs later the following error.message appears:
    Windows could.not complete the installation. To install Windows on this.computer, restart the application.
    I then press enter then the screen says: set up will restart once computer has restarted!

Please help
    Thanks a very annoyed and fed up john

Ps tried all options other than recovery discs from acer.. is this hw or sw - how can I check?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1007031

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice