1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer aspire 6920G: No HDD found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheKeiron, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKeiron

TheKeiron Thread Starter

My Acer Aspire 6920G was working no problems one day then the next it did not boot (an error message appeared saying it could not find an operating system) after first thinking the hard drive was busted i replaced it with a new one but it could not see the new hard drive either, so after a diagnostic at my local pc shop it turns out the problem is a little worse than a dodgy drive: my laptop doesnt seem to be able to find any hard drives! They reckon there is a hard drive controller issue. I read somewhere on the net that by changing the hard drive controller settings in the BIOS this problem can be sorted, however my current BIOS does not give me the options to change hard drive controller settings! is there a BIOS upgrade i can apply that gives me these options? or is there perhaps another solution to this problem?

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Can you see the drive at all in the BIOS? I suspect a bad motherboard.

3. TheKeiron

TheKeiron Thread Starter

I've actually managed to solve it myself now! The hard drive could not be seen at all, so i downloaded the latest version of the bios from the Acer website, but as my hard drive could not be seen i could not boot windows from there to run winphlash! i had to launch xp off a usb stick, then run winphlash in there to flash the BIOS to the latest one i downloaded and hey presto when i rebooted the computer it worked fine! but thanks for getting back to me :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915097

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice