1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Aspire 7730 problem with number lock

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jampot, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

I have recently purchased an Acer Aspire 7730 laptop and generally am very pleased with it.

I have noticed however that when Num Lock is pressed, the little number lock padlock icon lights up along the top of the keyboard, however I am still able to use both sets of number pads both along the top and to the right of the main keypad.

When I press the Num Lock button again so that the padlock icon goes out, the numbers to the right of the main keypad are then locked - this appears to be the opposite of what should happen, ie Num Lock should be ENGAGED when the light is lit and DISENGAGEDl when it is not.

This is confirmed with the Caps Lock feature which has the padlock icon next to the Num Lock one. With the lamp lit caps lock is ON with lamp not lit caps lock is OFF.

To make things more confusing if Num Lock is lit, pressing the Del key to the right of the 0 (Zero) key just produces a dot which appears to be the shift function of this key. With Num Lock not lit, this keys functions as a regular Delete key again!

This does not seem right to me and I would appreciate any advice as it is annoying to have to remember two different commands for Num Lock and Caps Lock

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/789785

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice