1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer aspire 7730z black screen.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bassic39, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bassic39

bassic39 Thread Starter

My acer aspire 7730z laptop has a black screen, I can see the desktop and use the computer normally with an external monitorm but the laptop screen is black, Running windows vista home premium. I tried flashing the bios but it did not bring the laptop screen back. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, This may or may not be the solution for your model but most all notebooks work like this:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3233/kw/external monitor how to use/sno/1

(Those directions are for an Aspire One but should be similar for your computer....the user guide will tell you, a link is below)

Another post I read says you can right click the desktop area and select different display areas.......external, LCD, etc ....

Here are the user manuals for your computer

http://www.acersupport.com/us/en/product_support.aspx?tab=1

Hope your inverter hasn't blown a gasket!

3. Rebster40

Rebster40

Sounds like it's probably your LCD inverter/backlight. Is the screen completely black, or can you see a faint image on the screen?

4. bassic39

bassic39 Thread Starter

The laptop screen is completely black, nothing shows up at all. Had the inverter replaced and still nothing.

5. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Have you tried moving the display from just the external to either both the LCD screen or to display on both?

Doesn't toggling the Fn + F5 keys work to move the video display?

Go through the user manual I posted and follow what it says to toggle the display.

Tell us whether anything changes, please.

If no change, then the work done might not have been right....

You could try reinstalling the video drivers while connected to an external monitor.

How does your laptop battery act- does it fully charge in a reasonable time? Does it last like it is supposed to?

6. bassic39

bassic39 Thread Starter

Byteman, have already tried toggling the video to both internal and external monitor but still nothing shows up on the laptop screen. The battery charges fine and seems to last like it should. May take it to someone else to make sure the inverter was installed property. But will try updating video drivers first.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/968922

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice