1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Aspire E15 Touch flickering screen after Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by smmolloy7, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smmolloy7

smmolloy7 Thread Starter

I recently downloaded Windows 10 onto my Acer Aspire E15 Touch and the screen went completely black after rebooting. Now every time I try turning it on it shows a flickering black screen. I am unable to click on anything let alone see the screen itself. I have tried leaving it on and even removing the battery multiple times but nothing seems to work. If anyone can help me solve this problem I would greatly appreciate it!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    do you have the full model number or SNID number

have a look at this site
    http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
    enter your serial number or SNID number and see if there are any windows 10 drivers or any notes about that PC and Windows 10
    it maybe its not compatible with windows 10

3. smmolloy7

smmolloy7 Thread Starter

Thank you for the suggestion, however, if it isn't compatible with Windows 10 and I can't veiw anything on the screen to remove the program how will I get it to work without taking it somewhere? The screen doesn't display anything at all

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you will need to goback to your old version of windows.
    Did you make a recovery DVD for the old machine at all?
    When you first get a PC you are usually prompted to create a set of restore DVDs , so that if there is a problem on the PC or you change the harddrive , you can re-install the windows system again.

However, have you checked the model number/SNID to see if the PC does have drivers ?

or post the model/snid number and we can look it up

Last edited: May 13, 2016
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1171174

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice