1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer ASPIRE E380

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Buddhafly, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Buddhafly

Buddhafly Thread Starter

Hello.
    I was cleaning out my pc when I deleted somethings I shouldn't have from the system files and registry and updates from the control panel. (n) That last part is another issue.:eek:

1. It has been around 10 days or so can these types of files still be recovered?

2. As my computer is an ASPIRE E380 ASE 380-ED423A do you know if Vista Home Premium came installed on it as I do not remember in case I have to do a system restore.
    (I did contact Acer and I am still waiting to hear back from them.)

3. How do I find the password for erecovery? I found a page for that but their instructions didn't work from cmd.

Thank you!!!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Have you tried System Restore to a date before this happened?

3. Buddhafly

Buddhafly Thread Starter

Not that I am aware of. When I click on system properties, is shows when a restore point was created under PQ Service. Nothing under C or D. When I click on system restore it says it is already running. I was trying to do shadow copies...but I think I may have made a mistake...?

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What is "PQ Service"? What operating system is running? How are you running System Restore?

You can't "recover" deleted registry keys and system files in any way other than with a System Restore, and that may not even work. You'll probably need to reinstall Windows.

5. Buddhafly

Buddhafly Thread Starter

I received an emailback from Acer, not much help as my pc's warranty is expired.
    I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Windows. "
    In the event that an Acer eRecovery is performed on the machine, all data on the ACER (C:) partition will be reverted to the factory default settings and all data on the partition will be lost. Any data on the ACERDATA (D:) partition will not be erased.
    There is also a third, hidden partition called PQSERVICE. The PQSERVICE partition contains the files necessary for the Acer eRecovery to reinstall the operating system, setting the system back to the way it was the day you purchased it, create recovery media, or reinstall drivers and applications"
    http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2631/related/1

The system restore under: Control Panel\System and Maintenance\Backup and Restore Center was the one I was using...but I guess Erecovery is different.
    I still do not know how to access my password for that nor if Vista came preinstalled. Suppoet didn't answer those questions.

An help with this would be appreciated.
    Anyone know how I can become the Administrator of my computer?

Thanks.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

7. Buddhafly

Buddhafly Thread Starter

I was unable to use the system restore in windows as the computer was in such bad shape. First I watched this Video and attempted to do what he did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPbe6Pa4i40&feature=related I was able to change the password not much else then I did the:"used the No Restore CD / eRecovery / password / ALT + F10 or F10." It worked!!!
    It restored to factory settings!!!!!!!!!!!! I
    Please see:
    http://en.kioskea.net/faq/2040-acer-pc-restore-to-factory-settings#run-acer-erecovery-managemen

Does anyone know if this can be done twice? The alt + F10?
    I am unsure if the software pictured in the link is still usable even if it said I did do the back up...

Thank you!:)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026357

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice