1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Aspire laptop display adapter issues

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Sleken, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleken

Sleken Thread Starter

Hello.

After a recent restart I received a black screen after the Acer splash screen faded. I was able to reboot into safe mode. Disabling the Intel HD 4600 display adapter and rebooting worked fine, except that videos on the hard drive play slowly and occasionally go pixelated. Sound continues on just fine.

I've tried updating the Intel drivers (already current) and the AMD drivers. No luck. I tried uninstalling the Intel HD4600 display adapter but after a short time connected to the internet it took over and black screened.

I'm pretty sure this is a driver issue, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

Right clicking on the desktop and selecting screen resolution -> Advanced settings shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter in the Adapter Type area. On my desktop, my graphics card is shown there. I'm not familiar with laptop hardware so I'm wondering if my graphics card is disabled.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Specs and model number below:

Acer Aspire V3-772G-9653 17.3" Intel Core i7 4th Gen 4702MQ (2.20 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M 8 GB Memory 1 TB HDD Windows 8 Gaming Laptop

• NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760M 2 GB
    • Intel Core i7 4th Gen 4702MQ (2.20 GHz)
    • 8 GB Memory 1 TB HDD
    • 17.3" 1920 x 1080 LED backlight & Acer CineCrystal Technology
    • 16.33" x 10.83" x 1.22"-1.36" 7.05 lbs.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1202529

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice