1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Aspire Laptop wont boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Drouz, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Drouz

Drouz Thread Starter

HI I have an Acer Aspire 3680 laptop that wont boot when turning it on it gets to the Acer screen then beeps continuously then when pushing f2 to go to Bios Setup is Beeps twice, ive tried to swap boot order to boot from a cd or usb to bot up win xp install cd but no luck, I also created a bootable usb with win xp but couldn't boot that ethier? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Sponsor

3. prunejuice

prunejuice

Remove the hard drive and then try booting a Live CD of something like Linux.

That might rule out a faulty hard drive that's bringing your whole system to a crash.

4. Drouz

Drouz Thread Starter

Ok Have tried that but same issue, when getting to the Acer screen it just beeps madly then when I press f2 to go to bios it beeps twice then goes to bios setup

Thanks for help

5. prunejuice

prunejuice

If the laptop has two RAM sticks, boot the machine with each stick separately.

Let's rule out malfunctioning RAM.

6. Drouz

Drouz Thread Starter

Sorry for the late reply, it only has 1 ram stick, but ill see if I can track down another stick to try it out, ill get back to you once I've checked

Thanks

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1136578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice