1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer aspire no display and power led blinking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by asheeshkumar636, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. asheeshkumar636

asheeshkumar636 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have an Aspire E5-573-32JT with Windows 10 Pro. I bought it last year, it was working fine till yesterday. Yesterday I spelt few drops of water on the upper side of touchpad. I quickly soaked as much as I can from a towel. But after 20 seconds, laptop went off. I quickly open the laptop and saw that there was a few drops of water under the trackpad, a drop was also on space key but no water on motherboard. I cleared all the water and turn on the laptop again. It turned on but started automatic repair then showed me advanced repair option then shut down after a few seconds. It happened three times.
    Next day I put all the parts in sunlight to remove any moisture. I turn it on and it worked fine. After around 1 hour, it shut down again without any warning. I turn it on again and it worked fine again. But after a few hours it again shut down. Laptop was not heating at all and battery was around 70%.
    When I tried to turn it on again, power led blinks 5times and nothing happened in the display. Although I can see that pixels were turning on in the display. I removed battery and press power button for 20 seconds then turn it on using adapter but same thing. I reseated RAM and unplugged touchpad and all other unnecessary usb cables from motherboard and tried to turn it on, but power led blinks for 3 or 5 times then goes solid for 30 seconds and then shutdown. I can see that pixels of display turns on but nothing happening on the display, it is all black, not the acer logo. Now when I am trying to turn it on, power led goes solid without blinking, fan and HDD rotates, pixels turn on in the display and everything shuts down after exact 30 seconds.
    Any help will be appreciated.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Chances are some water did get onto the motherboard. I would leave the laptop in a warm place for a couple of days and hopefully it will work again.

3. asheeshkumar636

asheeshkumar636 Thread Starter

Thanks for reply,
    Why are laptop switching off after exact 30 seconds?
    And which part is responsible for the display?

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I don't know why it turns off after 30 seconds but I would guess the POST sequence finds a problem and turns it off.
    The graphics chip or the Cpu are the main parts that would control the display but it could be a smaller component, there's no easy way to tell.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice