1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Aspire one AO751h "black screen of death"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by atlje, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. atlje

atlje Thread Starter

About a month ago I was having troubles with my laptop where the battery percentage would always say 0% or 1% or just die right after I unplug my laptop. I was told that it wasn't my battery, just needed to update my bios. SOOOOO one day I finally decided to update my bios and made the worst mistake possible. I was running the update when I thought my laptop had frozen and I pretty much panic'd and forced my laptop to shut off. I did read on the update when I launched "do not shut off computer" and that's exactly what I did, it was an automatic reaction simply because I did not know the update started the moment I opened the .exe file since it didn't say that in the "readme.txt" file. SO of course, now my laptop is gone, black screen when I cut it on.

I've read tutorials all online about this issue with an acer aspire one netbook on how to fix this but the tutorial seems to be for that ONE SPECIFIC NETBOOK, which is the acer aspire one aa1. I tried following that tutorial with the bios files from the acer website for my laptop but they don't have the files for my netbook that the tutorial goes off of.

I came here for help to see if anyone could help me because I pretty much figured since it's an problem that was fixable on that model, there has to be some sort of way I can fix this with my laptop

Like the title, it's an Acer Aspire One ZA3 (AO751h) and has Windows Vista 32 Bit.

Yes I do understand my laptop is pretty much done and useless if this isn't fixable..

Thanks is advance

2. atlje

atlje Thread Starter

137 views and not even a suggestion?

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    The failed BIOS Update has most likely bricked the computer. The netbooks are not really worth throwing any money at for repair.

4. atlje

atlje Thread Starter

well thanks for actually replying and I figured. thanks for just responding. although I figured this already you just make me feel kind of better just by confirming, I thought I had some hope lol

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    There may be a way of reflashing the bios but I do not know of one for the Acer One. Sorry I could give you any better news.

6. atlje

atlje Thread Starter

Yeah I thought so but like I said in the first post, it seem to only be for that specific Acer aspire one which model is AA1 because I followed those steps on my netbook and it didn't work but I can't find a tutorial or fix for this specific model :(

7. dai

dai

8. atlje

atlje Thread Starter

that's the aa1 tutorial that I said dont work

9. dai

dai

i saw in the comments it worked for some with a AO model

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081141

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice