1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Aspire R11 Hard Reset

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ggireland, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ggireland

ggireland Thread Starter

During a Windows 10 update, I realised that I did not have enough space to complete it (storage is only 32GB of eMMC memory) so I asked for help from my nephew who went on an over zealous deletion scheme. He has obviously removed some vital system files so, while I can still boot up and login, I can't access the Control Panel, Settings, System Restore. I have tried reinstalling Windows 10 using a USB memory stick but the laptop gets stuck in a loop while checking for memory space. As there isnt actually anything I need on the laptop, I've considered a hard reset as an option but have had a problem initiating this. I've used the Alt and F10, on boot up, method of accessing the reset option but it won't succesfully reset as an error message is shown after a long time simply stating that an error has occurred while has stopped the procedure. Can anyone offer any advice on the matter? I realise that the Acer Aspire R11 is a very basic piece of kit but it is useful for me at times so I'd rather try to keep it going than abandoning it.

Here's the info from SysInfo:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3060 @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 76 Stepping 4
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3921 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 28 GB (2 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Acer, Aspire R3-131T
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Disabled

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice