1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Aspire S3: Crystal Eye Web Cam Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dannyele, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dannyele

dannyele Thread Starter

I have an Acer Aspire S3 with Windows 7.

My Crystal Eye web cam's image has horrible horizontal lines running through it and crashes if the resolution is not set at 1280x720. I cannot adjust it higher or lower without it crashing.

When I try to use the web cam with Skype I get up to 1 minute of talk time before it crashes on me. When I use it on Google Hangout I get about 3 minutes before it crashes.

It is under warranty and I have tried contacting Acer's tech support. They assisted me with uninstalling and re-installing the drivers as well as doing a factory reset, none of which had any effect. I sent it in to them, according to the report sent back, they re-installed the drivers again and sent it back saying it was fixed.. but the problem was still there. I sent it to them a second time, they did nothing and reported that the web cam functioned fine, although it is still clearly having issues. I am going to contact them again, but I was hoping someone else might be able to help since their tech support has proven to be incompetent.

I am at my wits end. Any help/suggestions you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086866