Acer Aspire T180 LAN driver Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SantaX

5 months ago I formatted Acer Aspire T180 Vista to XP Pro. The reason why was that when I on Vista. I accidently deleted the LAN or modem driver. So I decided to switch with xp. But I realized that it does not install LAN driver automatically. So I ended up getting 1394 adapter on networking panel. I was doing research and tried to download proper LAN driver on my other computer. I remember I downloaded on google and I typed "Acer Aspire T180 LAN driver for XP". I downloaded it from "drivers.softpedia.com/.../Acer-Aspire-T180-LAN-Driver.shtml" It was really easy to install it. When I transfer the files to t180. It had .exe file. So I got a connection. But it always stuck with Google. For example if I insert "www.yahoo.com" It won't transfer to yahoo. I'm still on google page no matter what. even If I browse from google I end up going to Google front page. So I decided to format again to XP. But this time I can't find the driver. I went to Acer website and downloaded LAN drivers. But it does not have exe. driver. So I can't install it. I remember when I looked at the adapter on my networking places. It was something like "Yukon Family ...????" Can you guys help me?

TerryNet

Terry
I find 3 LAN drivers on Acer's web site, but none are for Yukon. If one of those is the correct driver for your adapter download it to your desktop.

It's a .zip file so double click on it and "extract all files." Let it create another folder on your desktop with the extracted files.

Then in Device Manager right click on your ethernet adapter (which may be a difficult to identify "other device") - Properties and Install driver. When you get the choice tell it you have the driver and point it to that new folder on your desktop.

SantaX

vicks
I got yellow question mark on PCI.
Yes the current adapter shows on device manager.

TerryNet
I have tried download and install it from acer website.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts