1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Aspire T671 has kept failing once a week since day1

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by notohypocrisy, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notohypocrisy

notohypocrisy Thread Starter

In Jan 2008, I bought a new Acer desktop PC Aspire T671 with 1GB RAM installed. It has been failing quite regularly around once a week. I sent the PC back to Acer. They reformatted my hard-disk and sent it back to me. Whereas before, the PC would freeze in the middle of some work, now it only fails at start-up - it simply does not boot up; I can hear the fan running but nothing on the display. Usually (but not always!) switching off at the mains then holding down start-button for 5seconds etc does alleviate the problem.
    I had great trouble re-installing my software after first repair and, therefore, asked Acer to issue me a cedit note after the problems persisted. Acer has refused but they want me to send in the PC again for 2nd repair.

1) Could anyone who has had experience with Acer please advise me if a stand any chance of a credit note (if problems persist after 2nd repair) - my warranty will expire soon!

2) Does T671 model have a known inadequate-PSU problem? What other problem could there possibly be (I do not use share-wares and freewares and a virus problem is unlikely - no virus was reported by Acer after 1st repair either)

Thanks in advance for those posting a reply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice