1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Aspire Timeline X 4820 laptop keyboard playing up!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gingermark, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gingermark

gingermark Thread Starter

Hi there,

This morning my laptop keyboard started playing up - ten of the keys have stopped working altogether (as far as I can tell anyway - there may be other function buttons not working but there are ten of the alphabetical keys not working - these are A C D F G H M N S X) Oh, and having just checked the , . / < > ? and CAPSLOCK keys aren't working either ... balls.

Obviously this is quite irritating as it makes the keyboard unusable - I've looked around and can't see any obvious solutions online. I've had no spillages that would cause this or any bumps or anything that I can recall .... I've plugged a USB keyboard in for now to make this post but obviously that's not ideal either.

I'm stumped so wondering if anyone could offer a bit of advice or inspiration!

Log details:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 2806 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1275 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 225060 MB, Free - 61419 MB;
    Motherboard: Acer, ZQ1B
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated and Enabled

Cheers in advance!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You could try removing and reconnecting the keyboard as the connector may be partly loose; I've seen that on many models and Dell and Lenovo both had entire lines of laptops where the connection would just come loose and simply had to be reconnected.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1075380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice