1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Crystal Eye Web Camera.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by -Lauriana, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. -Lauriana

-Lauriana Thread Starter

Right, I'm not really all that good with the technical side of laptops, so I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I have.
    My laptop has a built in webcamera, it works if I go onto the Acer Crystal Eye Webcam programme, yet when I'm on MSN or Skype, it doesn't work.
    I'm able to see myself, but it fails to connect and just says, ' The webcam session has ended '
    Does anyone know of a way I can resolve this?
    Bearing in mind, I'm 15, so I'm not completely familiar with all computer techinical talk. :(
    Any help is appreciated, Many thanks,
    Lauriana.

2. martyman101

martyman101

Be thankful that your "EYE" works at all. It's a common problem for the APP to crash altogether and I have not been able to get mine to work, yet. If I find the answer, I will definately post it.

Since yours is working don't the apps you are using with it have a program or add on that connects with your camera? Google has an app. Windows messenger has to make the connection as well.

Good luck

3. -Lauriana

-Lauriana Thread Starter

Well I'm not sure but i'll have a look :), it use to work fine before, then it went down to just working for certain contacts and now it doesn't seem to work at all.

Thankyou, and i good luck. :)

4. darkwade

darkwade

5. -Lauriana

-Lauriana Thread Starter

Thankyou :), I downloaded the update, is there anything specific I need to do now for the webcam to work?

6. darkwade

darkwade

I don't know most times updating a driver will fix alot of problems, why dont you give it a try and see if it worked

7. -Lauriana

-Lauriana Thread Starter

I downloaded it, yet no change. :( i'll play around and see if i have to do something to activate it.
    Thankyou.

8. martyman101

martyman101

Be sure to uninstall the old driver before you install the new one. I have a habit of uninstall, restart the computer, install the new stuff, restart the computer and give it a try. Be patient. Do you have a laptop? If so, get a powered USB hub for your attachments, it made a real difference for me. Mine started working after I installed the powered usb hub and the the
    k-lite codec pack, which enables media player to play almost any video file and audio file. Apparently it has the right ffdshow codec for the "EYE" as well. KLite is a free download and free to use, too. It's called K-Lite codec pack full. Just follow the prompts and remember to check windows media player, unless you are using classic media player. This program put the right ffdshow codec for the "EYE". Apparently pulling too much power off the USB has an effect on the "EYE" also. Get a powerred hub.

(or disconnect your USB stuff and reboot...wait a minute, the system will recognize the "EYE" and install the software/hardware).

Remember it's a USB camera. It is configured/loaded every time you restart.

Good Luck,
    Martyman101

9. -Lauriana

-Lauriana Thread Starter

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling yet no change :(.
    Uhrm I don't have anything plugged into my USB ports? The camera's built into the laptop?
    Thankyou.

10. martyman101

martyman101

The "EYE" is an enhanced USB device supported by an enhanced PCI to USB connection on the motherboard. It loads like a USB device, every time you restart.

I am sorry that you can't get it working. Did you restart before each action? (reinstalling)

You installed the new driver from CNET. Have you tried a registry cleaner? You will need a good one. Oftentimes the installed and uninstalled programs leave incorrect registry entries and that can keep the "EYE" in it's "not working" mode. I can't recommend one, but there a many available on CNET for free.

Did you install K-Lite? You can search CNET for that as well. ffdshow must be installed. Install the K-Lite using defaults and uncheck media player at the beginning. After you click OK, you can choose Windows Media Player. It also provides all the codecs for WIndows Media Player to play most DVD's and movie files and music files.

Try it again. It took me a dozen complete reloads before I could get a stable "EYE".

This is a common problem. You are not alone. You might check Tech Net Forums from Microsoft. They have a section on the Crystal Eye specifically. They have a few fixes that worked perfectly for some users, it might work for you.
    The tricks they have listed did not work for me.

Good Luck,

Martyman101

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/870513

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice